It should come as no surprise that the use of video content in digital marketing is on the rise – vision, after all, is our most dominant sense. When implemented correctly, video content can play a vital role in your company’s success.
But still, many companies are failing to include video as part of their marketing strategy. We understand that you may have some doubts – is it worth the cost, time and resources it takes to produce and share video content? To us, the answer is simple: Yes! Check out of our few reasons below:
- Video Content Grabs the Attention of Your Audience. It’s been proven that video content demands more attention than any other medium, making it the perfect marketing tool in this content-driven world we live in. These days, attention spans are decreasing and consumers want to spend less time reading. Videos work because they capture your audience and create an interactive experience instead of just a boring informational session.
- Video Content Builds Trust. One of the most important things video content can do for your company is create trust and in turn, build long-term relationships with your viewers. When you stop trying to sell your viewers on something and instead focus on powerful, informational videos, trust and success will follow. With the powerful persuasion that video content can have, it makes sense that 57% of consumers say videos have given them more confidence to purchase services or products online.
- Video Content Promotes Higher Engagement. Visual content is undoubtedly one of the cornerstones for obtaining high engagement. Your audience wants to click on something that catches their eye; they want to share something that’s easy to consume. In fact, viewers are about 10 times more likely to engage, embed, share, and comment on video content than on blogs or related social posts. The benefits extend beyond social media marketing, too: about 50% of companies who use video in email campaigns see increased click-through rates, increased time spent reading the email, and increased sharing.
- Video Content Boosts Sales. Even though video production is not the easiest nor cheapest marketing tool, it pays off big time. Research shows that 46% of consumers confirm they made a purchase after watching a branded social video. To make this work, it’s important to end your video content with a “Call-to-Action”; you shouldn’t simply talk about your product and expect your viewers to figure out what to do next. Embed a link at the end of your video or include specific instructions on what to do next and your conversions will reach new heights.
- Video Content is Google’s Best Friend. Did you know your company’s site is 53 times more likely show up first on Google if it has video content embedded? Since Google now owns YouTube, there has been a significant increase on how much videos affect your search engine ranking. Video allows you to increase the time spent by visitors on your site and this lets search engines know that your site has quality content. Make sure to optimize your videos on Youtube for SEO by crafting intriguing titles and descriptions and attaching a link to your website, products or services.
- Video Content Delivers Your Message Effectively and Efficiently. Companies that create and share videos can effectively and efficiently introduce their brand, set the tone of their business, provide solutions and share stories in a visually captivating way. Today’s viewers respond much better to visual content than text, so it makes perfect sense to use visual elements to communicate complex ideas; show, don’t tell!
- Video Content Results Can Be Measured. A data-driven marketing strategy allows you to observe whether or not your video content is delivering profitable results. The “post and pray” method won’t cut it anymore – you need facts and figures! Luckily, video performance can be measured by looking at views, play rate, social shares, etc. so you can know what’s resonating with your audience. The more information, the more you can gain a better understanding of your viewers and their behavior.
CMA is a full-service video production company and advertising agency in Seattle offering video content for web, TV commercials and more. Whatever your industry – from medical to hospitality, automotive to non-profit – we can help you make your video project engaging and entertaining so it will educate and connect with your audience. If you would like to learn more about our video marketing services please contact CMA today! We make you look good.